Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Solemnity of Christ the King 2010

November 21, 2010

Another liturgical year is over, see Christ the King celebration in our Parish.

Christ the King 2010 @ SJMV
Church Altar...I like the floral decorations the mother butlers did for Christ the King, see below

Christ the King 2010 @ SJMVChrist the King 2010 @ SJMV
Nice arrangement...don't you think

Christ the King 2010 @ SJMVChrist the King 2010
Christ the King...while setting up the spotlight...

Christ the King 2010 @ SJMV
Waiting for the mass to start...

Christ the King 2010 @ SJMV
Anticipated Mass...waiting for the mass to start

Procession

Christ the King 2010 @ SJMV

Yellow and white are supposedly the colors to be used for the flowers of the image. Unfortunately when I was in Dangwa, though there were yellow flowers there can't seem to find the perfect flower to use to go with my concept. Good thing I saw a few bundles of "Golden Rods." To still add a touch of yellow to the carroza design, I used yellow ribbons from last years procession and wound it around the garlands hanging from the four posts I erected surrounding the image. Afterwards I added the golden rods.

However the "piece the resistance" of my arrangement would be the flowers of the "tea plant." It was my first time to see this being sold at Dangwa and it immediately caught my attention. So While looking for Kamuning leaves (which are pretty expensive compared to Rosal-- so I ended up using rosal) I was also checking how much it costs and got a good deal from the vendor, thus I ended up buying a lot.

Christ the King 2010 @ SJMVChrist the King 2010 @ SJMV
Nalate ang susundo ng karo...nakatulog daw sya kaya mejo late rin dumating ang karo...pagdating sa simbahan, sakay na agad ang santo at dire-diretso na sa prusisyon...whew! Hinahabol kasi ang start ng 5 pm mass...

Christ the King 2010 @ SJMVChrist the King 2010 @ SJMV
Start na...

Christ the King 2010 @ SJMVChrist the King 2010 @ SJMV
Our place is hilly...one moment your going down a steep road the next you are going up...kaya as you will notice in the video below kailangang maraming nakatulak...although the carroza is very light with gravity's pull...goodluck...eyeball popping!"

See video clip below



Hail to the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment