Sunday, November 4, 2012

San Antonio Fiesta 2012 Balara, Quezon City

Once again the people of Balara gathered together to celebrate the feast of this beloved saint.

June 12th. Bisperas- dressing the images for the Fiesta

Slide24 (Small)

St. Anthony of Padua is one of the most famous disciples of St. Francis of Assisi. He was a famous preacher and worker of miracles in his own day, and throughout the eight centuries since his death he has so generously come to the assistance of the faithful who invoke him, that he is known throughout the world.

Slide23 (Small)

Holy Saint Anthony, gentle and powerful in your help, your love for God and charity for His creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your word, which you were always ready to request for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore you to obtain for me (request). The answer to my prayer may require a miracle. Even so, you are the Saint of miracles. Gentle and loving Saint Anthony, whose heart is ever full of human sympathy, take my petition to the Infant Savior for whom you have such a great love, and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours. Amen.

Slide21 (Small)
This year aside from St. Anthony, my family dressed the images of the Immaculate Conception and St. Joseph. I lent the dress used by the Immaculate Conception, this is the first dress I ever made for my own image of Mary; and I donated to the chapel the tunic for San Jose.

Slide22 (Small)
The Holy Family

June 13th. Feast day of St. Anthony

Slide26 (Small)
Fiesta mass on-going (outside)

Slide25 (Small)
Fiesta mass on-going (inside)

Slide27 (Small)
After the mass, securing the image of the Sto. Nino on its carroza

Slide28 (Small)
The Immaculate Conception in Gold...

Slide29 (Small)
The Immaculate Conception in Gold...one of the Lola's approached me saying I should donate the dress to the virgin, well I said  no...I could always lend the dress to the chapel plus it means a lot to me since this is the first dress I made...not that I am attached to it, it just is an inspiration for me, parting with it is...well I haven't thought about it till now. Lastly, I can take better care of the dress, if I donate it, this dress will just gather dust since the images are not encased in glass. Unfortunately, the dress is not washable.

Slide30 (Small)
The Immaculate Conception in Gold...front and back...I feel happy with the raves I am hearing from the towns folk saying they suddenly "noticed" the image of the Immaculate Conception this year, that she is beautiful and radiant in her dress...feels good to be patronized...

Slide31 (Small)
San Antonio on his carroza. Another well thought of carroza although I would have covered the plastic plant holder in front of the image with more flowers and foliage...

Procession Starts

Dear St. Anthony, we are all pilgrims. We came from God and we are going to Him. He who created us will welcome us at journey's end. The Lord Jesus is preparing a place for all His brothers and sisters. St. Anthony, Guide of Pilgrims, direct my steps in the straight path. Protect me until I am safely home in heaven. 

Slide32 (Small)

Dear St. Anthony, God wants us to see Christ, our brother, in everyone and love Him truly in word and in deed. God wills that we share with others the joy of His boundless love. St. Anthony, Generator of Charity, remember me in the Father's presence, that I may be generous in sharing the joy of His love.

Slide33 (Small)

Dear St. Anthony, comforting the sorrowful is a Christian duty and a work of mercy. By word, attitude, and deed I should try to brighten their days and make their burden easier to bear. St. Anthony, Consoler of the Afflicted, may I remember when helping someone in sorrow that I am helping Christ Himself. 

Slide34 (Small)

Dear St. Anthony, I am imprisoned by walls of selfishness, prejudice, suspicion. I am enslaved by human respect and the fear of other people's opinions of me. St. Anthony, Liberator of Prisoners, tear down my prison walls. Break the chains that hold me captive. Make me free with the freedom Christ has won for me.

Slide35 (Small)

Dear St. Anthony, how tongue-tied I can be when I should be praising God and defending the oppressed. My cowardice often strikes me dumb; I am afraid to open my mouth. St. Anthony, Restorer of Speech to the Mute, release me from my fears. Teach me to praise God and to champion the rights of those unjustly treated.

Slide36 (Small)

Dear St. Anthony, you recall the Gospel episode about the blind man who, partly healed, could see men "looking like walking trees." After a second laying-on of Jesus's hands, he could see perfectly. St. Anthony, Restorer of Sight to the Blind, please sharpen my spiritual vision. May I see people, not as trees or numbers, but as sons and daughters of the Most High.

Slide37 (Small)

Dear St. Anthony, it is still as St. Peter said: The devil prowls about, lion-like, looking for someone to devour. I confess that I don't always resist him; I sometimes toy with temptation. St. Anthony, Disperser of Devils, remind me of my duty to avoid all occasions of sin. May I always pray in temptation that I may remain loyal to my Lord Jesus. 

Slide38 (Small)

Dear St. Anthony, your prayers obtained miracles during your lifetime. You still seem to move at ease in the realm of minor and major miracles. St. Anthony, Performer of Miracles, please obtain for me the blessings God holds in reserve who serve Him. Pray that I may be worthy of the promises my Lord Jesus attaches to confident prayer. 

Slide39 (Small)

Dear St. Anthony, I believe in the resurrection of the body. I have Christ's solemn pledge that whoever believes in Him, though he should die, shall live again. St. Anthony, Reviver of the Dead, through your mighty prayers life was restored to the dead. Confirm my faith in the resurrection. Make me a confident Christian who expects a glorious Easter beyond the grave. Please take my need to God in prayer. 

Slide40 (Small)

Dear St. Anthony, you were prompt to fulfill all justice. You gave God and His creation the service He required from you. You respected other people's rights and treated them with kindness and understanding. St. Anthony, Zealous for Justice, teach me the beauty of this virtue. Make me prompt to fulfill all justice toward God and toward all creation.

Slide42 (Small)
The image of Our Lady of Grace

Slide41 (Small)

Dear St. Anthony, after all these years in the school of Christ, I still haven't learned the lesson of true humility. My feelings are easily ruffled. Quick to take offense, I am slow to forgive. St. Anthony, Example of Humility, teach me the importance and necessity of this Christian virtue. 

Slide43 (Small)

Dear St. Anthony, you became a Franciscan with the hope of shedding your blood for Christ. In God's plan for you, your thirst for martyrdom was never to be satisfied. St. Anthony, Martyr of Desire, pray that I may become less afraid to stand up and be counted as a follower of the Lord Jesus.

Slide44 (Small)

Dear St. Anthony, you took the words of Jesus seriously, "Be perfect, even as your heavenly Father is perfect." The Church honors you as a Christian hero, a man wholly dedicated to God's glory and the good of the redeemed. St. Anthony, Model of Perfection, ask Jesus to strengthen my good dispositions and to make me more like you, more like Him.

Slide45 (Small)

"Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints" 

O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and Charity for His creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Encouraged by this thought, I implore you to obtain for me (request). O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms; and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment