Thursday, December 19, 2013

Marikina's Alay kay Maria Procession 2013 Part 1

December 8, 2013- The feast of the Immaculate Conception celebrates God's choice of Mary to be the mother of Jesus. God preserved Mary from the stain of original sin from the moment of her conception. Thus, Mary was the first to receive the benefit of the redemption that her Son would merit for all. Read more @ The Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary.   In Marikina, the annual "Alay kay" Maria procession is held to commemorate this feast.


Minutes before the procession

The angel Gabriel appears to Mary to announce the birth of Jesus, and Mary responds, “Let it be done to me as you say.” Luke 1:26-38


The Immaculada

PRAYER TO THE
IMMACULATE CONCEPTION

O God, who by the Immaculate Conception
of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
did prepare a worthy dwelling place for Your Son,
we beseech You that, as by the foreseen death of this, Your Son, You did preserve Her from all stain,
so too You would permit us, purified through Her intercession, to come unto You.
Through the same Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God, world without end.

Amen.

Our Lady of the Abandoned and her Sentries







New Tiles, New Look

It's been a while since I last stepped inside the Shrine, imagine what a few months can do...I like the new tiles, gives you an old world feel...since I work in Eastwood, I noticed that it is the same tile used in Eastwood Citywalk Mall.


Beautiful effect, old world tiles, painted walls...


Left: Soon to be Saint, Blessed Pope John Paul II; Right: An empty church altar...I still feel that there's something missing in the altar though and I am not talking about Our Lady of the Abandoned, more of the empty walls behind.

St. Joseph, Spouse of the Blessed Virgin

Remember, O most pure spouse of the Virgin Mary, St. Joseph, my beloved patron,
that never has it been heard that anyone sought your aid without being comforted.
Inspired by this confidence, I come to you and fervently commend myself to you.
Despise not my petition, dear foster father
of our Redeemer, but graciously accept it.

I really like this image of St. Joseph, one of the best I have seen as a matter of fact; beautifull stainless carroza as well.



Be mindful of us, O blessed Joseph, and intercede for us with thy foster-Son by the pleading of thy prayer: do thou, in like manner, render the blessed Virgin Mary thy Spouse, gracious onto us, for she is the Mother of Him, who with the Father and the Holy Ghost liveth and reigneth world without end.



Gracious St. Joseph, protect me and my family from all evil as you did the Holy Family. Kindly keep us ever united in the love of Christ, ever fervent in the imitation of the virtue of our Blessed Lady, your sinless spouse, and always faithful in devotion to you.

O Blessed Joseph, you gave your last breath in the loving embrace of Jesus and Mary. When the seal of death shall close my life,
come with Jesus and Mary to aid me. Obtain for me this solace for that hour to die with their holy arms around me. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I commend my soul, living and dying, into your sacred arms. Amen.

The Many Faces of Mary in Marikina

























O Virgin Immaculate, Mother of God and my Mother, from your sublime heights turn your eyes of pity on my. Filled with confidence in your goodness and knowing full well your power, I beg you to extend to me your assistance in the journey of life, which is so full of dangers for my soul. In order that I may never be a slave of the devil through sin, but may ever live with my heart humble and pure, I entrust myself wholly to you. I consecrate my heart to you forever, my only desire being to love your divine Son, Jesus. Mary, none of your devout servants has ever perished; may I, too, be saved. Amen.

End of Part 1. See Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment