Thursday, December 19, 2013

SJMV Rosary Month Celebration 2013



This year, our new Parish Priest initiated weekly processions throughout the whole month of October in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The group of chapels (communities) decide which image of the Blessed Virgin they will use (not necessarily an image of Our Lady of the Rosary). Our community was assigned on the third week. Good thing another procession was scheduled since our fiesta procession the previous week was cancelled last minute by the organizers due to the non-stop rains.


In the Parish, the image of Our Lady of Remedies (Nuestra Senora de los Remedios) was enthroned. I should have raised that during October the image to be used is of Our Lady of the Rosary, it makes perfect sense since October is the month of the Holy Rosary...however I am not familiar with the Remedios title and maybe it does make perfect sense to use it (I mean they are all images of the Blessed Virgin either or). Another assignment for me, there's little I know about this particular title, except that Mary, under this title is declared as Patroness of Pampanga. Our Parish Priest is Kapampangan and he owns the image. It was a decision made due to a misunderstanding when I refused to have my image of Our Lady of the Rosary participate in the Parish organized Marian Exhibit in September, celebration of Mama Mary's birthday,(because at home we have the 2000 Hail Mary's), our Chapel Coordinator assumed that I meant the October Devotion activities and not just the exhibit. Sad though...communication is really really important plus understanding and patience...



Dawn Procession Third Week
October 19, 2013, 5:30 am

Decorating the Carroza







The Procession

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.



My dearest Mother Mary, behold me, your child, in prayer at your feet. Accept this Holy Rosary, which I offer you in accordance with your requests at Fatima, as a proof of my tender love for you, for the intentions of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in atonement for the offenses committed against your Immaculate Heart, and for this special favor which I earnestly request



I beg you to present my petition to your Divine Son. If you will pray for me, I cannot be refused. I know, dearest Mother, that you want me to seek God's holy Will concerning my request. If what I ask for should not be granted, pray that I may receive that which will be of greater benefit to my soul.



I offer you this spiritual Bouquet of Roses because I love you. I put all my confidence in you, since your prayers before God are most powerful. For the greater glory of God and for the sake of Jesus, your loving Son, hear and grant my prayer. Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.


Arrival in the Parish


Carroza details

More Changes in the Parish


A glimpse of the Retablo, a new project of our Parish Priest...about time I say...


Piece by Piece the Retablo will soon stand tall and grand...


Another project of our Parish Priest is to have a full line-up of images for the Holy Week procession...first phase is to complete the 12 apostles (although I honestly think that the priority should be scenes from the passion since the apostles, biblically, were totally useless this time since they run away except for John after Gethsemane...the women had more balls to be out in the open witnessing Jesus' crucifixion.)...In this picture is the Pieta and the new Dolorosa


The Black Nazarene and St. Peter

Dressing the Images and Preparing the Carrozas
October 19, 2013, 5:30 am

This year I decided to use the Parish-owned image of St. Joseph.


Holy Family...well almost, if I remove the Baby Jesus carried by Our Lady of the Rosary...Jesus is believed to be an only child


The Parish-owned San Jose, I like it...


Carroza for Mama Mary and San Jose, who ever thought off this iron bar carrozas...


For Mama Mary, using the same structure as last week with the addition of LED candles and "puno."

Dawn Procession Fourth Week
October 19, 2013, 5:30 am

Carroza of Our Lady of the Rosary















Carroza of San Jose



From the carro to other uses...

From Parish to our home...



Flowers for the Chapel (Sunday Mass)









No comments:

Post a Comment