Thursday, December 19, 2013

Paalam Nanay Choleng!



August 22, 2013- I remember my Lola always telling me that when she dies she wants me to arrange her flowers like how I arrange the flowers on my carroza's...I love you Nanay, thank you for everything!

My Darling Grandma

A woman of extreme strength, courage and love,
Who was beautiful, soft and now peaceful and free as a dove.
Someone on who our admiration was built around,
For her womanhood, wife, friend and grandmother since she was brought into this ground.

My Darling Grandma, we will forever hold in our hearts in which we have truly learned the most from,
Your strength as a wonderful mother to our mothers and fathers,
And which we hope to gain in raising your great grandsons and great granddaughters.

My darling grandma, we will always respect all you went through in your hardships and distinguished ways,
Your ability to hold yourself with such dignity and pride in all your days,
Your beauty shines in us all who were lucky to be part of your devoted family,
We` will carry you in our eyes, minds, and hearts in which we have a remedy,

My Darling Grandma, that is to hold you close by all you have taught us to do,
And to remember the beautiful women we owe our lives to,
For giving us life to blessing us with her strong inner spirit of courage,
Her unconditional love and her sensual laughter,
For being such a person in who will always and have always
held deep in our hearts now and here after.

My Darling Grandma, You are taking a little part of us with you as you follow your angels who will guide you to your
precious place,
May you look down on us with pride on what you brought
into this world with your guidance in which you are now
truly our angel of grace.

My Darling Grandma, as you enter your new heavenly home,
may you rest in peace for which you truly deserve,
For you will be truly missed and remembered for your love and honor in which we will preserve.
We love you always and forever and may god be with you.
© Margaret Rivera

A Family Tradition

Our Family's Dolorosa is always present on the death of a family member, it is our way of saying..."Mama Mary we entrust to you the soul of our beloved Lola...intercede for her, pray for her that she may be forgiven of her sins and be accepted with you and your son in Paradise. We also pray that you take care of us, the family left behind, that we will be able to continue and be healed for losing our Lola is truly the saddest thing that can happen to our family. Mama Mary pray for us! We love you."


Our prayer: the Family's antique Dolorosa with my Kristong Gapos near my Lola, we hope that Mama Mary and Jesus be with her too


My Lola passed away on August 22nd, Feast of the Queenship of Mary. Her sister, who died a year ago died in October, month of the Rosary (2 days before the Feast of Our Lady of Victories or Our Lady of the Rosary)...coincidence yes, but I like to believe that this is Mama Mary's way of telling us that she will take care of us even until death. My family has been her loyal servant...


I hope you like my last gift for you Nanay, I love you po. I am sorry I was not there when you were looking for me, when you were still awake...but I was there at  your side praying that you recover, everything happened so fast...I thought you still have more years with us...eternal rest I pray for  you Nanay...


I added San Antonio because Nanay also loved him. She started the tradition of dressing the image in Balara, which I am now continuing. San Antonio, pray for her. Both my Lolas (both of them have passed away now), father side and mother side, are devotees of the Blessed Virgin and St. Anthony. My Lola in Gen San (mother side) even asked her children to be dressed in a Franciscan tunic.

No comments:

Post a Comment