Monday, January 16, 2012

Feast of the Sto. Nino @ home 2012

Gospel reading last Sunday, January 16th...

Jesus Blesses the Children

13And people were bringing children to him that he might touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14When Jesus saw this he became indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not prevent them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.15Amen, I say to you, whoever does not accept the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it.” 16Then he embraced them and blessed them, placing his hands on them.


Reflection

We need to be more like little children...gotcha...but what does it really mean? Obviously this should not be taken literally. We all have been children once, is this stating that adults tend to forget that they have been children once, but what it is about being a child that Jesus speaks that the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these?

The french priest (I forgot his name)who celebrated the mass in our chapel gave me a good perspective how to better understand this passage. Being childlike does not mean being innocent, and I do agree with him that early on a child may already show signs of jealousy, selfishness, anger, hate, etc but may not necessarily understand the concept or meaning of his or her actions, I guess due to human nature similar to immediately upon birth he or she is already designed to breath, eat, make a sound etc. Being childlike means learning to understand and to accept the crucial relationship between parents (or guardians) and children. Parents nurture and take care of children out of love, children benefit from this as they have no means to fend for themselves. Parents do this out of love more than obligation, social acceptance and need. Same is to be our relationship with God. We need to accept and to learn how to fully trust God that He will take care of us, all that we need in this life. We do not have to worry and lose hope for He will ensure that we are under His loving protection at all times.

We as adults tend to be forget this given by this stage we are, in reality, fending for ourselves using our salary, our own money to buy us clothes, food, shelter and all the other wonderful things the world can offer...and we can easily get trapped and swayed in this confining world view and believe that we are indeed masters of our own universe...but everything that we have and everything that happens to us I believe, there is a God behind it all. Praise be to God!

150120123587 (Small)
Jesus was once a child: as the Sto. Nino glorified as the messiah, the word made flesh; and as Christ the King, glorified as the conqueror and fulfillment (no longer a promise) of God's salvation plan. Jesus I trust in You!

150120123575 (Small)
And the word was made flesh and dwelt among us...

Oh Holy Infant Jesus, through the intercession of Mary, your Mother, I beg your help in my needs, I believe that you are omnipotent and can shield me. Full of confidence, I come unto you, knowing that you will give me graces, repenting for my sins and asking that you will free me from its fetters. I now give my heart entirely to you. I firmly propose to amend my ways and never to offend you again. I resolve to patiently suffer all for you,so as to serve you eternally. For you I will love my neighbors as myself, I implore you, Sweetest Jesus, help me in my needs, so that I may enjoy with you for all eternity, with Mother Mary, St. Joseph and all the angels. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment