Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The OLA Marikina Shrine Transformation and Sto. Nino de Cebu Altar

Slide22

It has been more than a year I think since I last visited the OLA Shrine in Marikina (since I did not participate in the Holy Rosary procession last year), imagine my surprise upon entering the newly renovated church. I almost came to tears as I slowly walked in the church, and if the situation couldn't be more rehearsed, the choir started singing "Our Father..." Pakiramdam ko ako ang Alibughang Anak (I felt like I was the Prodigal Son). I wish all priests are like the parish priest of OLA Shrine, with an eye for beauty and with a high regard for ecclesiastical art.

Slide47
A beautiful Shrine for Our Lady of the Abandoned

Slide24
These tiles, called Baldoza, add to the old world feel the renovation invokes...

Slide51
love the tiles, love the ceiling

Slide23
I love every detail...old but new...new but old...Sistine Chapel-esque but not quite, folksy but not...it plays with your mind...it is well lighted and no space is spared...truly magnificent...

Slide21
Amen...amen...changes/transformations like this keeps me hopeful in all my pagsasanto related projects...in God's grace and time anything is possible!

Santo Nino de Cebu, Up Close and Personal

Slide19

Slide56

Slide55

Slide54

Slide18

Slide20

Enjoying the New Church Interiors

Slide48

Slide53

Slide52

Slide50

Slide49

Slide46

Slide45

Slide44

1 comment:

  1. HiiiiI! Gusto ko lang po sana mag ask ng permission na gamitin yung pictures ng OLA Parish for some school project. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete