Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Regina RICA

My Aunts kept telling me about Regina Rosarii, a sanctuary in the mountains of Rizal with a huge image of Our Lady of the Rosary overlooking the whole site. They kept telling me I will love the place since I am a devotee of Our Lady of the Rosary. Fortunately for me, one of my Tito's forget his license the last time they visited the place so they are definitely bound to return...

I kept looking for Regina Rosarii along the way instead I see Regina RICA. What's happening here? Who is Queen Rica? But it turns out, Regina Rosarii has expanded. Now it goes by the name of Regiona RICA short for Regina Rosarii Institute for Contemplation in Asia.

Slide10

The whole site is still under construction. I've been to Caleruega, another retreat site managed by the Dominican Order and I can see the same vision here but I have to say Caleruega is greener...give it some time and I believe this will turn out to be one beautiful garden as well fit for the Blessed Mother. The highlight of the place is the huge image of Our Lady of the Rosary wherein devotees can climb her mantle and pray (literally and figuratively...).

Trail to the Blessed Mother


Slide1

Slide2

Slide3

Midway, the Multi-purpose Hall

Midway we had to stop to catch our breath, it's still a long hike up to reach the hill where the image of the Blessed Virgin is. The wall-less hall is a delight, the winds come and go...it was a relaxing spot...so easy to feel sleepy...

Slide4

Slide5

Slide6

Slide9

The Sisters Mary and Martha

As I went from one statue to another appreciating the modern sculptures I kept thinking why the Dominicans love to use modern art in in their buildings, from their old world taste which is more gothic and rich, now it seems they go for sleek lines and simplicity. And then I came to the sisters, Mary and Martha, this place knows me...sigh...I realized how I really wanted to have an image of Sta. Martha...this was my deciding moment...I shall!

Slide7

Slide8

On to our climb

Slide11
The road is lined with sunflowers with seeds already exposed, out of curiosity I picked a couple...savoring what sunflower seeds taste like, it's been a while since I last tasted one.

So near yet so far...

Slide12

Slide12

Slide13

Slide14

Maybe because of the heat or we are really a bunch of out-of-shape individuals, we decided to take another break and just wait for a service to take us up the hill (there is and the fee is P5.00 or P8.00 only...I forgot since it was my aunt who footed the bill). While waiting for the next service to arrive, I decided to wander. The top part of the multi-purpose hall is a huge church, again very airy and very modern...

Slide15

Slide16

Slide17

Slide18

Slide19

Slide20

Slide23

Slide24

Slide25

Slide26

Regina Rosarii

Slide22



Slide27

Slide28

Slide29

Slide30

Slide31

Slide32

Slide33

Slide34

Slide35

Slide36

Slide37

Slide38

Slide39

Slide40

Slide41

Slide42

Slide43
Speakers around the image provide a prayerful ambience...

Slide44
Gateways to heaven...

Slide45

Slide46

Columbary project...

Slide47

Slide21

Slide48

Slide49

Slide50

No comments:

Post a Comment