Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Holy Week Preparations

Slide8

When I received my Starbucks Planner as a Christmas gift last year, I immediately marked Good Friday and Easter in my planner, two very important days in my year, and in my life not just because I am Catholic but because of my personal devotion. Time flies so fast. Seems like yesterday I just received it as a gift...now, as always, I feel I have little time to complete all preparations needed for the Holy Week processions.

Slide8a

Never forget God, sometimes we become too busy or absorbed in things we NEED to do that we forget the most important things...I am also guilty that's why it's great to see reminders all around you to make you stop and reflect...a floating cross hovers in Ortigas which made me think of God after one busy day of buying stuff I needed for the procession...Lord, have mercy on us, may our sacrifices be pleasing to you...

Back at San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan

Slide12

I had to make several visits to San Jose this year:

1. Help Clean

Slide13

Slide14

Slide15

Slide18

2. Fix the Lighting on Cleofe's carroza

Slide16

My Lighting Inspiration, from Trinoma Department Store

Slide10

Another inspiration, but the power source became a struggle so I eventually scrapped the idea.

Slide10b

Final Lighting Plan, thanks to my Tito D for finishing it:

Slide30

Slide31

Slide32

Slide33

Dress Rehearsal

Slide11

Ever since I saw an image of Sta. Veronica dressed as a princess of Mindanao in the Prusisyon book, I have included that in my to do list in the future...that once I have my own Santa (image) joining in the procession I will definitely dress her that way as well...that time has not yet come...I still can't decide how to make it not look too costumy...

Slide17
My Tita gamely poses as we try on fabrics that will best look on the image...

Slide6
Cleofe's final look for Good Friday 2014

Slide9
My home made perfumes for the carroza's and images...Rose essence...

No comments:

Post a Comment