Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Balara San Antonio Fiesta 2014: The Procession Part 2

The procession gaily winding its way around Balara...



Prayer to Saint Anthony of Padua

Saint Anthony of Padua, you endured much discouragement in your life before finding your calling. help us to find patience in our own lives, and to trust God to lead us where we need to go. You preached by example; help us show others through example the truth of our faith.

20140613_192634

Glorious Saint Anthony, my friend and special protector, I come to you with full confidence in my present necessity. In your overflowing generosity you hear all those who turn to you. Your influence before the throne of God is so effective that the Lord readily grants great favors at your request. Please listen to my humble petition in spite of my unworthiness and sinfulness. Consider only your great and constant love for Jesus and Mary, and my desire for their glory and mercy. I beg you to obtain for me the grace I so greatly need, if it be God's will and for the good of my soul. I place this earnest petition in the care of the little mission children so that they may present it to you along their innocent prayers. Bless me, powerful Saint Anthony, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

20140613_192604

Glorious Saint Anthony, I salute you as a good servant of Christ, and a special friend of God. You once were favored to hold the Christ Child in your arms as you cherished His world in your heart. Today I place all my cares, temptations and anxieties in your hands. I resolve ever to honor you by imitating your example. Powerful patron, model of purity and victor over fleshly impulses, please win for me, and for all devoted to you, perfect purity of body, mind and heart. I promise by my example and counsel to help others to the knowledge, love and service of God. Amen.

20140613_192652
Wood works at Balara

Procession Close: Fireworks Display like the old days!

Slide16

Slide15

20140613_194132

20140613_194130

20140613_194130(0)

20140613_194128

Back at the Chapel, another Fiesta comes to a close...Next year uli!

Slide17

Slide18

No comments:

Post a Comment