Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fiesta OLA Sta. Ana: Baranggay Procession

With the help of Google maps I was able to locate the parish church of Sta. Ana. It is not as far as I initially thought it would be...upon arrival, I immediately noticed that the façade is being renovated. I thought the church was just recently renovated (2 or 3 years ago), I read it in Inquirer...but who am I to complain...as long as the church is in good condition everybody happy...

Slide18
Under construction...

Slide24
I was a bit disappointed, I was hoping to see that this statue is covered in flowers...similar to the pictures I saw in Flickr before...and in Spain...why?

Slide29
No flowers?

Slide27
Front to Back

Slide30
St. Ana Church (Back entrance)

Inside the Church

Slide23

Slide22

Slide21

Slide20

Slide19

OLA Sta. Ana Baranggay Procession

Slide31

Such is the love of her devotees in Sta. Ana that a separate procession for her replica's is scheduled separate from the actual fiesta procession. The only other image I know which has a procession of replicas is the Black Nazarene of Quiapo. I initially thought that May 11th was the fiesta of Our Lady of the Abandoned, turns out this is the procession for the replicas and Monday, May 12th (fixed date) is the official fiesta of Our Lady of the Abandoned of Sta. Ana, Manila.

Slide37

Slide36

Slide35

Slide34

Slide33

Slide32



The Carroza Triunfal for Our Lady of the Abandoned

Slide28
j

Slide26

Slide25

No comments:

Post a Comment