Monday, October 29, 2012

St. Michael the Archangel Parish, Marilao, Bulacan

Slide1 (Small)

Since we are already in Marilao (for the wake of my Tita Cora), we decided to hear mass in St. Michael Parish. Of course, after the mass did a bit of sight seeing as I always do whenever I enter churches. I've been in and out of this church for quite some time and this is the only time I will be featuring it...how come I wonder? It is a beautiful church with its highly ornate and baroque features (although I find the retablo too much, but the altar images are a wonder to behold).

Slide2 (Small)
Fiesta was just celebrated a week ago. Below left, the new Parish Priest of Marilao, Bayan.

Slide3 (Small)
The highly ornate and baroque altar/retablo of the church. If I am not mistaken the images are from the Vecin Workshop.

Slide4 (Small)
The Church interiors. The old world feel is striking!

Slide5 (Small)
The Church's main aisle

Slide6 (Small)
Christ and his angels.

Slide7 (Small)
Marilao's Our Lady of the Rosary, since it is October.

Slide8 (Small)
Other church images. Top right, amazing tableau of the coronation.

Slide9 (Small)
Other church images, Sto. Entierro; Crucifixion; Nazareno, Divine Mercy and St. Francis of Assisi

Slide10 (Small)
Outside the Parish church

No comments:

Post a Comment