Tuesday, October 2, 2012

CTK Parish

One day, downtrodden...I was contemplating where to go to mass and by seemingly Divine Intervention, I was led to Christ the King Parish in Green Meadows Avenue, Quezon City. I was able to attend the 9:00 am mass, luckily I was able to hear the mass of the "Singing Priest." All my sorrow, uncertainty and sadness were drained after he sang his song. It was a beautiful mass, a beautiful homily, truly inspiring and I really appreciated how solemn the mass is compared to my own parish...aside from the fact that the whole parish is fully air-conditioned.

Slide1 (Small)
Parish Church, full view

The Mission & Vision of the Parish: The Parish of Christ the King is a spiritual family and active member of Christ’s Body the Church called to be His BREAD in our Community:

Believing in God and in His great love for us
Receiving and giving forgiveness
Enriching our lives through Word, Prayer and Sacrament
Acting for Christ to bring about justice and peace
Dedicating our time, talent and treasure in the service of His Church.

Slide3 (Small)
Upon entering the church, a huge image of Christ the King on the altar will immediately capture your eyes. The image looks comely however it appears a little bit out of proportion, but nonetheless it is a regal image of Christ, crowned as King and enthroned in a magnificent altar. Above the image is huge crown signifying his Kingship.

O Jesus Christ, I acknowledge you as universal King. All that has been made has been created for You. Exercise all Your rights over me. I renew my Baptismal Vows. I renounce Satan, his pomps and his works; I promise to live as a good Christian. And, in particular do I pledge myself to labor, to the best of my ability, for the triumph of the rights of God and of Your Church. Divine Heart of Jesus, to You do I offer my poor services, laboring that all hearts may acknowledge Your sacred kingship, and that thus the reign of Your peace be established throughout the whole universe. Amen.

Slide5 (Small)
The parish church is one huge hall, upon entering one will truly appreciate the space inside the church plus the fact that it is well lighted and fully air-conditioned.

Slide6 (Small)
The church interior plus images of Our Lady of La Naval and The Risen Christ since these photos were taken in May (Easter)

Slide4 (Small)
The main aisle

Slide14 (Small)
Symbols of Faith: A huge cross on top of the church, lighted in blue by night; the regal and imposing image of Christ the King inside the Parish

Slide18 (Small)
Parish schedule posted in the bulletin board just outside the main entrance of the Parish, see Parish Schedule

Images of Christ

Below are two beautiful and distinct representations of Christ's suffering:

Slide11 (Small)
The Crucifixion

Slide12 (Small)
The Sto. Entierro...I am wondering what material was used for this, looks like marble because of its shiny appearance but I may be mistaken since it might just have been finished to look shiny

Slide13 (Small)
The Sto. Entierro

O Christ, Jesus, I acknowledge Thee as Universal King.
All that has been made, was created for Thee.
Exercise over me all the rights that Thou hast.
I renew my Baptismal Promises, renouncing Satan,
his pomps and his works, and I promise to live as a good Christian.
Especially, do I pledge myself, by all the means in my power,
to bring about the triumph of the rights of God and of Thy Church.

Divine Heart of Jesus, I consecrate all my poor actions to the
cause of Thy Kingship, that all hearts may recognize Thee their Ruler
and thus establish the Kingdom of Thy Peace in all the world. Amen.

Observance of Flores De Mayo

May for Filipinos is traditionally a Marian month wherein devotees offer her flowers daily, especially children. In Christ the King, Our Lady of La Naval is definitely the best choice to match the grandeur of her Son.

Slide7 (Small)
A privately owned La Naval replica for the Flores de Mayo activities of the Parish

Slide9 (Small)This is relatively a good replica of the La Naval, though the face does not really look like the original, overall it commands the same attention as the original image draws anyone who sees it.

Slide8 (Small)
Study of the La Naval replica, front and sides

Slide10 (Small)
Study of the La Naval replica, front and back

Around the Parish grounds

Slide2 (Small)
This is the only parish church I have been to with an automatic (sliding) door. This I think is only logical given that the whole structure is air-conditioned.

Slide15 (Small)
On the left side of the Parish, there is a small area (still part of the church's main hall) where parents with babies or toddlers are advised to take their seats as to prevent causing any disruptions during the mass; near it is a small store

Slide16 (Small)
Front entrance

Slide17 (Small)
Adoration Chapel and Parish grounds fronting the Parish church

The Parish of Christ the King has made me once again feel what a solemn mass should feel like. I now consider myself as an adopted parishioner and regularly goes to mass there. I invite everyone to experience mass in this parish.

2 comments: