Sunday, February 9, 2014

Our Lady of the Rosary of Granada

I own a replica image of Our Lady of La Naval but year after year, dressing the image to look more like the original proves to be taxing, burdensome, expensive and at times frustrating...from getting the right size of "bomba's" to carry the heavy mantle, to ensuring that everything is fixed securely so that it does not move and lose the distinct triangular shape whenever the image is transferred from the carroza to the altar and back to the carroza...and so now I play with this idea in my head...why not dress the image like Our Lady of the Rosary of Granada...same "vestida" as that of Our Lady of La Naval without the heavy mantle--which is the problematic part for me...especially with a La Naval image, when everything is in place, the image becomes very heavy and six grown men is not enough to carry the image...(I just don't have that kind of manpower at my disposal...)

Here is how the image of Our Lady of the Rosary of Granada looks like (pictures are taken from the internet)





























No comments:

Post a Comment