Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Children's Simbang Gabi Mass at Balara

Simbang Gabi at St. Anthony Chapel in Balara. What is remarkable for me is the number of children attending mass here versus adults, and the active participation of these kids in all parts of the mass especially in the singing...

Feels nice...it sure did put a smile on my face...Paskong Pasko talaga...


Christmas is for everyone...young and old...


I sooo love the chandeliers in the chapel, if I turn it upside down (in my  mind) I see a "cake" style carroza...
 

When I was younger, I always thought that this tabernacle on the altar is a portal to a different dimension, aka the dimension wherein the "Ghostbusters" let go of the ghosts they have caught...
 

Under my family's care...looking forward to the next Fiesta...it's not much but it looks good...

Christmas Belen
 


Lord, in this holy season of prayer and song and laughter, we praise you for the great wonders you have sent us: for shining star and angel's song, for infant's cry in lowly manger. We praise you for the Word made flesh in a little Child. We behold his glory, and are bathed in its radiance.

Be with us as we sing the ironies of Christmas, the incomprehensible comprehended, the poetry made hard fact, the helpless Babe who cracks the world asunder. We kneel before you shepherds, innkeepers, wisemen. Help us to rise bigger than we are. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment