Thursday, January 30, 2014

Roxas Blvd. Grand Sto. Nino Procession 2014 Part 2

Part 2: "Mga Aral sa Paggagayak ng Carroza" at Philtrade...

Since I arrived quite early, some of the carroza's are just being decorated and I took it as an opportunity to learn and to observe techniques in floral arrangement, since this is a subject-matter close to my heart...

Sto. Nino of the Chinese Group

I have always admired the floral arrangements on the carroza of this image, and it feels nice to put a face behind the work...





Other Lessons:

This is the carroza of Tingting Cojuangco, and the motif has been more or less the same every year. Even for her Nuestra Senora de las Flores in Intramuros' GMP. Her carroza's are always decorated using white flowers, is this a personal preference? I wonder...



The carroza of Sto. Nino de Marinduque in contrast is colorfully decorated, a popular trend nowadays wherein striation is formed using colors inherent to different varieties of flowers.







Here are other examples of this technique...







I was greatly amazed by how fast this man moves joining cut floral foams using chicken wires, this is the step I least like when decorating carroza's...I guess practice really makes perfect.



Why Bread? I ask myself as I observe these two fellows decorate the carroza. For one, if you look at the finished side, the bread is no longer visible, covered by the foliage. I mean, if you are not going to emphasize it, why put in on the carroza in the first place...I think the bread is put to waste here...best give it to children who have nothing to eat...



There's beauty in chaos...I could just imagine how beautiful the decors will move once the procession starts...









Image owners, in succeeding pictures, stay watch as their carroza's are decorated. Even though they are not the ones doing the arrangements, they make sure that it will meet their standards...







You can see how much devotion is accorded the Child Jesus in every carroza being worked on. No matter how big the carroza, how wonderful or expensive the flowers and accessories used, all these are done to celebrate the fact that Jesus became man, that he was once a child before he fully achieved his mission, to be the sacrificial lamb for mankind's salvation.



Go to Part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment