Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Immaculate Conception: GMP 2012 Part 2

At Fort Santiago...

Our Lady of the Rosary, La Naval de Manila

Slide56 (Small)
A replica image of Our Lady of La Naval

Slide57 (Small)

Prayer to Our Lady of the Rosary

O Virgin Mary, grant that the recitation of thy Rosary may be for me each day, in the midst of my manifold duties, a bond of unity in my actions, a tribute of filial piety, a sweet refreshment, an encouragement to walk joyfully along the path of duty. Grant, above all, O Virgin Mary, that the study of thy twenty mysteries may form in my soul, little by little, a luminous atmosphere, pure, strengthening, and fragrant, which may penetrate my understanding, my will, my heart, my memory, my imagination, my whole being. So shall I acquire the habit of praying while I work, without the aid of formal prayers, by interior acts of admiration and of supplication, or by aspirations of love. I ask this of thee, O Queen of the Holy Rosary, through Saint Dominic, thy son of predilection, the renowned preacher of thy mysteries, and the faithful imitator of thy virtues. Amen.

And the day turns to night...

Slide1 (Small)
Our Lady of Turumba and the her merry devotees

Slide2 (Small)

O Virgin Immaculate, Mother of God and my Mother, from thy sublime height turn upon thine eyes of pity. Filled with confidence in thy goodness and knowing full well thy power, I beseech Thee to extend to me thine assistance in the journey of life, which is so full of dangers for my soul. And in order that I may never be the slave of the devil through sin, but may ever live with my heart humble and pure, I entrust myself wholly to thee. I consecrate my heart to thee forever, my only desire being to love thy Divine Son, Jesus. Mary, none of thy devout servants has ever perished; may I too be saved. Amen.

Slide3 (Small)
Mary, across ethnicity, nationality and status

Slide4 (Small)
Our Lady of the Porteria (entry-way?)

Slide5 (Small)
(Top photos) Our Lady of Penafrancia and Mediatrix of all Grace; (bottom pics) Our Lady of Hope

Slide6 (Small)
One of my favorite images in attendance, Our Lady of the Pillar (privately owned)

Slide7 (Small)
Our Lady of Flowers (owned by the Cofradia founding member, Dona Tingting Cojuangco)

Slide8 (Small)
A breath taking make-over for Our Lady of Guibang!

Slide9 (Small)
Our Lady of Sorrows

O God, Who by the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin didst make ready a fitting habitation for Thy Son, we beseech Thee that Thou Who didst keep her clean from all stain by the precious death of the same Thy Son, foreseen by Thee, mayest grant unto us in like manner to be made clean through her intercession and so attain unto Thee. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

Slide10 (Small)
The Virgin of Marilao

Slide11 (Small)
Our Lady of La Salette

Slide12 (Small)
Hope, Courage and Faith...Mary's virtues

Slide13 (Small)
Our Lady of Mercy, Guadalupe (with Diego) and Fatima...

Our Lady of Solitude of Porta Vaga

Slide14 (Small)

I compassionate thee, O most sorrowful Mother! Thy heart was pierced with a sword of grief when Simeon foretold to thee in the Temple the ignominious death and the desolation of thy divine and most dear Son, which thou west destined one day to witness. By the great anguish of thy suffering heart, O gracious Queen of the universe, impress upon my mind, in life and in death, the sacred Passion of Jesus and shine own sorrows. Amen.

Slide15 (Small)
Carroza details

Slide16 (Small)
The devotee and the original

Slide17 (Small)
In procession, barefoot devoteess following an age-old practice

Slide18 (Small)
From Manila to Pampanga...

Slide19 (Small)
Abandoned vs Abandoned...the canonically crowned images of Sta. Ana and Marikina

Slide20 (Small)
Our Lady of Penafrancia of Manila; (Bottom-right) the image with mantle at the back as if it is a 3 dimensional image

Slide21 (Small)
(Left) Our Lady of Namacpacan and Our Lady of Remedies of Pampanga; (Right) Our Lady of the Rosary of Orani, Bataan...I don't know what happened to her carroza...but this? I did not see her completing the procession...what gives? so sad...

Slide22 (Small)
The Divine Sheperdess

Slide26 (Small)
Dancers, devotees, organizers and band members...enjoying the beautiful park fronting Fort Santiago

Slide27 (Small)
Our Lady of Piat and Our Lady of La Naval, ready for procession...done in Fort Santiago...heading back to Manila Cathedral

The Procession comes to a Close!

Slide23 (Small)
The procession back at the Cathedral; San Pedro Calungsod, now parked near Plaza Roma.

Slide24 (Small)
San Jose and Our Lady of Turumba

Slide25 (Small)
Last stretch of the procession...

Slide28 (Small)
Our Lady of the Abandoned of Marikina

Slide29 (Small)
Our Lady of Consolation and Cincture

Slide30 (Small)
The Immaculate Conception, the Festejada Image of the Cofradia

Slide31 (Small)

O Mother of the King of the Universe, most perfect member of the human race, "our tainted nature’s solitary boast," we turn to you as mother, advocate, and mediatrix. O Holy Mary, assist us in our present necessity. By your Immaculate Conception, O Mary conceived without sin, we humbly beseech you from the bottom of our heart to intercede for us with your Divine Son and ask that we be granted the favor for which we now plead.

O Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Mother of Christ, you had influence with your Divine Son while upon this earth; you have the same influence now in heaven. Pray for us and obtain for us from him the granting of my petition if it be the Divine Will. Amen.

Slide32 (Small)
Another GMP comes to an end...I liked my walking-tour style of covering this year's GMP...it was a different experience altogether. And it's something I would recommend devotees do. Viva La Virgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment